Our business began in 1982 when Tom Walker formed the company, continuing what turned out to be a long career in cheese. His ethical approach to business has informed our culture throughout. From our beginnings as a regional cheese wholesaler, we are now one of the UK’s leading distributors, importers and packers of cheese.
The second generation of the Walker family now run the business, supported by a skilled team of experienced managers and staff, as well as some of the third generation! Our core activity is the packing and distribution of cheese, but we also provide co-packing services and develop seasonal products. We handle and produce many types of cheese, in various packaging formats, both private-label and branded for a wide range of customers, but particularly multiple retailers in the UK.
We operate a Centre of Excellence in cheese packing and distribution; for projects that require our high standards of care and expertise, we aim to be the first-choice supplier within our target market.
Our Cultural Values
- Our objective is to get it right – first time, every time.
- We work well with complex projects, ensuring their smooth progress every step of the way.
- We won’t promise the impossible.
- We provide customers with a balanced, impartial view.
- Our dedication to product quality is shared throughout the company.
- We believe in meticulous planning and attention to detail, devoting a high level of resource and commitment to this.