Work for Us
Food Safety and Quality Assurance Manager
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Based on the northern outskirts of Stockton-On-Tees, Tom Walker & Sons Ltd is one of the UK’s leading distributors, importers and packers of cheese, with a focus on multiple retail packing. We proudly hold BRC AA+ certification, alongside high grade multiple retailer certificates, and have maintained this level for many years.
We have a vacancy for a Food Safety & Quality Assurance Manager suited to working within a small team.
The Food Safety & Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for the development and administration of the Company’s HACCP, Food Safety and Quality Assurance policies, procedures and programs, process improvements and meeting all regulatory requirements.
Working closely with Suppliers, Customers, Audit bodies and relevant Tom Walker & Sons personnel, the Food Safety & Quality Assurance Manager will ensure that all requirements are met to provide safe, superior quality food products.
The Food Safety & Quality Assurance Manager will provide leadership and depth of knowledge in food technology to direct process improvement; provide technical expertise for support and coordination of quality system improvements.
Required education, skills and qualifications:
- A higher qualification in food safety, food science or similar.
- Proven experience within a medium sized food company, preferably within a high care environment, in a food safety / quality assurance role.
- Qualified in HACCP principles, up-to-date knowledge of BRC and have been audited previously against the standard.
- In depth understanding of quality control procedures and relevant legal standards.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical risk-based approach.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Good people management skills.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Able to embrace challenges with a positive attitude.
Hours: Monday to Friday – 08.30 to 17.30
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Experience: Food Manufacturing, Audit
Submit your CV and Covering Letter using the form below, giving a detailed account of your experience, skills and knowledge in relation to the requirements posed above.
Closing Date: 22nd May 2019
Interview Date: TBC
In collaboration with: